Friday, January 4, 2008

Where have all the good times gone???


Hi everyone.

I haven't posted in a few days, some of you may have noticed. And after catching up on what's been happening here over the last couple of days, I doubt I'll be posting much until the shitstorm calms down again.

I understand that people were hurt, and that things were said in defense of friends. However, the whole 'tone' of these last few blogs is, quite frankly, sickening. It doesn't feel like we're a family; it's more like we've become a Buzznet for adults. And I fucking HATE it, TBPH.

I've been talking to Andrea since this shit all started, four months ago. She and I have exchanged personal stuff more than once. Any of you who've talked to her know that she's been here since the beginning. And yet, today, some fucking ANON-MY-ASS's were all too willing to crucify her, over some shit post on BN. And because I have a fucking life, and I CAN'T be online every hour of every day, I feel like I'm a bad friend for not being here to stand by her. (I'm sorry, Andrea. I wish I'd been here. T_T )

I count Kapunua as my friend, as well. I admire the fact that so many people are willing to stand up for her. She's one well-liked lady, is her. ^_^

But in my books, so is Andrea. Somewhere along the line, it seems we (as a group) have forgotten how to ask before we accuse. And that, to be honest, blows dead goats. It really does.

Whether you like it or not, I have some facts to share for people's perusal. Feel free to skip my post if you don't like it.

1) We've created some really strong ties here, which is still pretty damned incredible. But now, we're all so willing to PROTOCT each other that we damn near tear the throat out of others, no questions asked. The truth is, anyone can come in here at any time. We don't have to like it, but there's not a fucking thing we can do about it. It's Mayo's blog, not ours -- only he can police it. If he wanted our 'protoction', I would hope he could ask for it.

2) THIS IS FUCKING BLOG-BELIEVE. I mean, come ON, people -- we have a purple unicorn among our ranks!! What happened to the fun we used to have in here?! It's all doom & drama nowadays. Is it really any wonder why people feel it necessary to take a break from this place?? Personally? If I want bullshit, I can return to my real life, thanks very much.

3) When shit does go down, all of us -- and I do mean ALL OF US -- need to remember that we have people in a lot of different time zones. And that people have lives & responsibilities that are more important than a fucking blog. If you feel like you're missing out on info, hit up somebody's profile, for fucksakes!! EMAIL ADDRESSES ARE IN ALMOST ALL PROFILES. Isn't it a lot easier to say, "hey, its ___. WTF?" than it is to believe in a convoluted conspiracy theory? (If it isn't, you shouldn't be spending so much time here. The CIAS or FBI could use you.)

The moral of this story? If you don't know, ASK before you assume the worst. If anyone in here was truly evil, I think they would have been discovered by now.

4) Shit that isn't posted here, doesn't get posted here for a REASON. It's not to hide shit from anyone, or to include or exclude ANYONE. It's called common courtesy and e-t-i-q-u-e-t-t-e, in case you haven't heard. The Big Tent is/was a discussion forum that was meant to be sans vultures. If you didn't get the email, it wasn't for lack of trying. There are no conspiracies, and no one was meant to be left out.

5) Conversely, however, don't blame us if you're new here and don't know anything. It's not our fucking duty to share info with n00bs, or anons, especially when they're fucking rude. If we don't know you, we have no reason to trust you. If you expect it to be any different, then obviously you're pretty new to the internet!

If you want to know something, all of Mayo's previous blogs are accessible -- feel free to go back and read them.

Once again, if it's not posted here, THERE IS A REASON FOR IT. (PPU, do you think you could try and remember that in between your bouts of being rude to everyone?)

/ rant

And with that, I'm finally turning off this flippin' machine so I can get some sleep. Just please remember, we're supposed to be a family. Let's all try to start acting like it again, please?

I love you all.


- Sis "Damn the Hyenas" Midnite, aka 'Trikki Nikki'


8 comments:

Andrea said...

You have nothing to feel bad about you, you were there when I needed to talk, and I appreciate it. This post is awesome. I hope people will think carefully about what you've said because I really think it's true. People are so willing to fight for each other and for Mayo that eventually we're just fighting with no real purpose. What happened to the family?

I haven't felt a part of the family for a long time anyway. I wonder if it's time for me to leave Mayo's blog permanently. I've already taken a good long break, although I did continue to lurk. Within a week of my return to posting, all hells breaks loose and somehow I'm at the center of it? WTF? It's too much to comprehend. Where was the family when I was being attacked by the idiot PPU and his/her small army of anons?

Anyway, I need to stop ranting about my own bitter feelings. I really appreciate you for being there, for always taking me seriously, for trusting me, and for standing up for what you believe in. It means more to me than you know.

Much love to you Nikki! *HUGZ*

JocelynHolly said...

Sister Midnite, I missed you. =]

I agree with every word you said. I never did fully digest the "conspiracy" theory. I read about it on DM, and all I thought was "What? I'm pretty sure I've talked to Andrea, she wouldn't do this!"

I'm really missing the family feeling that we used to have. All it is these days is negative vibes.

Anyways; Sister Midnite, how have you been lately? Good, I hope? =]

All my love;
- 007

soulconnector said...

Sister Midnite,

Good to see you on mayonaise's, and I loved your post.

I wrote you a comment on your last blog, telling you about Dec. for me and how I missed alot of what was happening,especially with presents.

I did get caught up and went to Lolita's to lurk and saw you left me a present.

Thank you for your kindness and thinking of me when I was not around to contribute.

I wrote a toast for everyone, but since I am on late, it was not noticed or avoided.

I miss the old days, when you were all so funny.

Happy New Year 2008!

Please visit me in my blogs anytime, if you like.

much love
`sc

Original Punk J said...

Sister Midnite!

It was so good to see you back in the blog, even though the occasion wasn't so pleasent. It's funny, yesterday morning I was reading some of the comments to J. and one of the things she asked me was if you were in there. And then you appeared!

Magic, or psychic? :)

Hope you are doing well. We miss you, and hope to see you on here more if you can.

Love you dearly,
L. (and J.)

gnothi seauton said...

Gropes back :)

* Gives Nikki a HUGE hug *

Missed you.

MissTottenham said...

Sis M, it's so bloody good to have you back.

That was a fantastic post. I agree with it totally. Thank you.

Andrea said...

Sis, I was reading some of my old, old blog comments and realizing that you've been giving me encouragement and support for a long time now! You've been such a great friend. I'll always love you and your boots! :-) *hugz*

sdock10 said...

Trikki Nikki,

And this post, my friend, is why I call you the voice of reason in BlogBelieve. When you are not around, things get all kind of fucked up. You presence is greatly missed because you are the one who can sit everyone down and say whooooooah wait just a fucking minute.

Please, don't stay away so long next time.

Love,
S

p.s. Sister Caterpillar, remember?