Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No institutions for me, thanks...



It seems like everyone I know is caught up in the marriage bug these days. They're either getting married, wanting to get married, or wanting to dissolve their marriage pact. Which got me thinking: will I ever change my mind about the whole marriage deal?

After a recent bout with the flu (and a lot of time spent soul-searching, as I felt too shitty to do anything else), I've realized that the answer to my question is no. Men, being the irritating and intriguing creatures that they are, always seem to want to marry the proverbial 'girl next door'.

Which would never work for me -- not unless you live in a neighborhood where day is night, night is day, the week begins on Friday, and all the houses are upside down. It's taken me over twenty years to realize that I can live in so-called "normal" society, but I will never be a true part of it. Most people's hopes and dreams are very different than my own; I don't believe in the whole 'knight-in-shining-armor' business, and romance to me means being left alone to do my own thing.

All of this has also made me realize that I'm pretty fucking selfish (and/or particular) when it comes to 'me' time. ;)
I've been single (by choice) for a long time, and I don't think I'd ever be able to give that up. I like not having to explain my actions to anyone. I like being able to go where I want, with who I want, for however long I want to stay there. I like living my life on my own terms, and I'm not sure if I'd ever be willing to compromise on that.

All of which most likely makes me an utter bitch, but that's fine with me. ^_~ I can still play, can't I? If men can screw around, so can women. And I can guarantee you that we'd be just as good at it, if not better!


7 comments:

sdock10 said...

Trikki Nikki,

I have missed talking to you. I love this blog so fucking much. You seem so comfortable with where you are at in your life.

Now...can you teach me?

Is it the boots?

It's the boots, isn't it? I'm not wearing the right kind of footwear.


I love you babe!

Love,
Socky Solly

Andrea said...

Well if you're an utter bitch, then that makes two of us!

I've been thinking about a lot of the same things lately, especially with the confession of love from my best friend. I've only been single (by choice) for about a year and a half, but it's been long enough for me to realize that I was never as happy when I was in a relationship as I am now that I haven't been in one for a while. I really like being independent and not dealing with the jealousy, trust issues, and tense communication (or lack thereof) that comes with a serious committed relationship.

I'm not saying that I'll never get married, because who knows, something weird could happen and I could end up getting hitched to the "right" person (whatever that means). But the way things are going now, I have a hard time imagining it!

I would, however, like to find a friendly and beautiful boy to snuggle up with once in a while.

They do smell good, don't they? ^_~

*HUGZ*

Love ya Sis!

capture this void said...

Thank you for the hugs. I really do appreciate it.

I can't even begin to explain to you how proud I am to see that you choose to remain single. We don't see much of that anymore. It seems like nowadays everyone's pulling a Gerard, if you catch my drift.

Good on you, sweetie. Thank you again.

Andrea said...

LOL, "pulling a Gerard"!!! xD

farawaysoclose said...

hi sisM!! thanks for stopping by at mine.

i am a little jealous of your freedom i must admit! i could live without the bloke indeed but my babies have become my life as they should.

anyway see you around and take care.

Anonymous said...

sister, thank you for all your words. really thank you so much.

i would take you up on your offer and with the boots to. killer boots

well i will see you around the blogs and also mci.
take care sister nd i will do a huge dicount for you ok. just let me know when you ewant to test the merch

Anonymous said...

omg just reread and that sounds like i am a bloody drug dealer omg

FAO anyone who reads my comment

I AM NOT A DRUG DEALER. I AM A HO. NO DRUGS

sister i am so sorry, i brought shame in your house. spank me please.
bye bye