'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends.
And we all get together when we bury our friends.
It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face.
And you're walking away, and I will die in this place.
(My Chemical Romance, "Kill All Your Friends (B-Side)")
Where is everybody? WTF happened to us???
If this is what they meant by 'grown-up', they can have it.
This city is officially dead, and I don't even have time to mourn.
I miss you, TK. I miss Central, the West, even Cheers. (PUS-HOLE!) I miss the nights where we'd hit four different shows, in Lori's bigass ol' Drunkmobile. I miss D, and even Zippy. He's a pinhead, but I love 'im anyway. I miss Hippie Child, and Mental House, and the CryptKeepers. And of course, Mr. Fucking & Co. (We'll always have Saska-ScoobyDoo, won't we, boys?)
Now, there's only work. And bills. And marriages, divorces, births, deaths, break-ups, new relationships, and rent. Did we change? Or did responsibility become so heavy that we had no choice?
I haven't seen you for eight years. Eight YEARS, babe. And yet I know that when I do see your face, it'll seem like I only spoke to you yesterday.
I wish I could be there for you. Even when I fall asleep, you're in my dreams. Are you doing okay? Are you hurting? You're better than Zippy, you know. He'll never be you.
I'm glad you've been talking to my partner in crime. There are no friends like old friends.
We're planning a road trip soon. As soon as we can, anyway. Hang in there, and be your sweet self. And if you ever need us, we're still here. Always will be.
Love ya, babe. AOE 4-EVAH!!!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah kiddo - life is catching up with us - but we cannot let it defeat us. Its a long ways away until we are using our platform walkers and wearing our patent leather depends undergarments! We just got to try and find a thread of excitement again, and hang onto it - and destroy anyone who stands in our ways hee hee hee!
I miss everyone you said too - except the the little purple bugger lol.
Post a Comment