By the way, you're not a loser, and I have always noticed when you weren't around. It just gets harder to tell who's gone and who's hiding out and who's busy as fuck and who's all but given up.
I think its pretty sad when I have to contact you through your blog when you wont answer the phone or emails - to let me know how you are doing. You say we are still sisters, best friends, and I miss you. We live 20 minutes away from eachother and work 2 blocks away from eachother, but you never seem to have time anymore. I am sorry I can no longer give you what strangers in a blog seems to be able too.
I go through phases where I get busy and stressed, and sometimes depressed, and I don't want to see people or socialize unnecessarily. I just don't have the energy. My time is valuable to me, and sometimes it's better spent sleeping than giving everybody else what they want. My mom always hates this. When I don't call her for long periods of time, she starts to freak out that I'm dead in a ditch somewhere, and she leaves me voicemail messages where she threatens to call the cops if I don't call her back immediately. It drives me nuts. But you know... sometimes you just have to take care of you. Not everybody understands that. I've lost friends over the years because of it. But I've also found out who my real true friends are. The people who have stuck by me through my depression, my long work hours, my failed relationships, my lack of communication... they get frustrated, and they get mad when I don't put in enough effort, but they're still there in the end. Those are the people who get me through it all.
Anyway... this is a long comment with not much point, but... I just wanted you to know that you are missed, but I know how it is, and I'm glad to hear you're still kicking. With boots on, of course. :)
andrea if that was a shot at me - you don;'t know half of what me and Nikki have been through - and never will. you maybe her blog friend, but we have 19 years of sisterhood behind us. You don't know what is all behind it or our history. We have been through literally blood sweat and a lot of tears together. I have fought for her and I would die for her. maybe its easier for her to be 'close' to someone when there is a computer in between - but you will never have the relationship we had - or the memories. I am worried sick about her, and its making me sick. But there is life outside blogs.
That's for contacting me and then finding out I arrived before you! ;)
I sent you off an email saying thanks, but I used a different email so it's probably in the spam box!
Hope your weekend is going fab, and you're feeling springly inspired enough to bring your summer boot collection to the front of your wardrobe. =) xoxo
Nik you should know I can relate as well. I was in a hell for four years, no money, couldn't work - medication that was slowly killing me and a boyfriend that was busy getting another chick pregnant. Mother being sick, family members dying, kitty getting sick (but there might be hope there). The world sucks at most times, but you have to find something happy - you can't live in misery every day just existing. I did that - it took at least 10 years off of my life, and worried the hell out of my parents. And with your health, you have to find happy outlets. REach out to your friends you know! I know these boards are a release for you - but don't forget the people that have known and loved you for almost 19 years now! Don't shut us out. I hurt because we don't see eachother. Time does run out fast. You know I am here for you, but I am not here for long either (if you contact me, I can tell you more).
Oh gosh. I haven't been on in a while, but no Queenie, my post on 4/23 was not directed at you. Sorry if it sounded that way.
Nikki, how's it going? You still surviving?
I haven't been writing much lately. Too much going on. I haven't had the time or motivation to sit down and sort out my brain. I'd rather go home, be alone for a couple hours while I decompress, and go to sleep. But I'm starting to feel the pull to communicate again.
19 comments:
Boo, I missed you.
How's Ernie?
xxxx
Meeeee! I care! Cuz I ♥ you!
*squeeeeze*
Miss you!!!!
*raises hand*
*tries to pop Trikki Nikki upside her head, but fails*
*hangs head*
I'm too fucking short!
What I'm trying to say is that I care and I miss you too.
Lots!
♥s and hugs,
Solly Socky
*flying leap*
*pops Nikki successfully on her head*
By the way, you're not a loser, and I have always noticed when you weren't around. It just gets harder to tell who's gone and who's hiding out and who's busy as fuck and who's all but given up.
♥ you!
Hiya Sis M sweetie.
You are always missed. When you are not here there is a big gaping sis M sized hole where you should be.
Great to have you back sweetie.
xxxxxxx
Always missed!
I haven't seen your name around in such a long time, I thought you may have been sucked into the void.
I think its pretty sad when I have to contact you through your blog when you wont answer the phone or emails - to let me know how you are doing. You say we are still sisters, best friends, and I miss you. We live 20 minutes away from eachother and work 2 blocks away from eachother, but you never seem to have time anymore. I am sorry I can no longer give you what strangers in a blog seems to be able too.
I know you haven't been around much. I haven't either. Life is like that I guess. Seems like everybody wants a piece of me sometimes.
I spent Saturday ripping ivy out of my yard. That was for me. Very theraputic.
Be good. Pop by when you can. :)
Huge hugz to you sis M sweetie ♥ ♥ ♥
xxxx
It doesn't matter how long you stay away sis M, we still love you. It just makes it happier when you come back.
email me when you get a chance:
jennicula@verizon.net
Hey Nikki,
I'm glad to hear your still surviving.
I go through phases where I get busy and stressed, and sometimes depressed, and I don't want to see people or socialize unnecessarily. I just don't have the energy. My time is valuable to me, and sometimes it's better spent sleeping than giving everybody else what they want. My mom always hates this. When I don't call her for long periods of time, she starts to freak out that I'm dead in a ditch somewhere, and she leaves me voicemail messages where she threatens to call the cops if I don't call her back immediately. It drives me nuts. But you know... sometimes you just have to take care of you. Not everybody understands that. I've lost friends over the years because of it. But I've also found out who my real true friends are. The people who have stuck by me through my depression, my long work hours, my failed relationships, my lack of communication... they get frustrated, and they get mad when I don't put in enough effort, but they're still there in the end. Those are the people who get me through it all.
Anyway... this is a long comment with not much point, but... I just wanted you to know that you are missed, but I know how it is, and I'm glad to hear you're still kicking. With boots on, of course. :)
Love you. *HUGZ*
Andrea
andrea if that was a shot at me - you don;'t know half of what me and Nikki have been through - and never will.
you maybe her blog friend, but we have 19 years of sisterhood behind us. You don't know what is all behind it or our history. We have been through literally blood sweat and a lot of tears together. I have fought for her and I would die for her.
maybe its easier for her to be 'close' to someone when there is a computer in between - but you will never have the relationship we had - or the memories. I am worried sick about her, and its making me sick.
But there is life outside blogs.
Queenie
Hi SisM,
*pops you one on the head as well*
That's for contacting me and then finding out I arrived before you! ;)
I sent you off an email saying thanks, but I used a different email so it's probably in the spam box!
Hope your weekend is going fab, and you're feeling springly inspired enough to bring your summer boot collection to the front of your wardrobe. =)
xoxo
Queenie, go easy... I'm pretty sure that Andrea was just telling me that she can relate to my loner-ness.
You know I ♥ you! (Or you should, by now.)
Nik you should know I can relate as well. I was in a hell for four years, no money, couldn't work - medication that was slowly killing me and a boyfriend that was busy getting another chick pregnant. Mother being sick, family members dying, kitty getting sick (but there might be hope there). The world sucks at most times, but you have to find something happy - you can't live in misery every day just existing. I did that - it took at least 10 years off of my life, and worried the hell out of my parents. And with your health, you have to find happy outlets. REach out to your friends you know! I know these boards are a release for you - but don't forget the people that have known and loved you for almost 19 years now! Don't shut us out. I hurt because we don't see eachother. Time does run out fast. You know I am here for you, but I am not here for long either (if you contact me, I can tell you more).
Queenie
Just stopping by to say "hi." Hope all is well for you.
*IN-N-OUT*
Thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
Sister M, I've known my friend for a very, very long time. I've seen her through a lot. It hurts me to see her when she's on the scary side.
I've learned that I can't fix her or her problems. The best I can do is try to not judge and set boundaries that keep everybody safe.
It's not easy sometimes, and sometimes I have to say "no," but it's what you do when you can.
Other than that, how're you?
Oh gosh. I haven't been on in a while, but no Queenie, my post on 4/23 was not directed at you. Sorry if it sounded that way.
Nikki, how's it going? You still surviving?
I haven't been writing much lately. Too much going on. I haven't had the time or motivation to sit down and sort out my brain. I'd rather go home, be alone for a couple hours while I decompress, and go to sleep. But I'm starting to feel the pull to communicate again.
I hope things are going well for you. Take care.
*hugzez*
Andrea
Post a Comment